Sunday 8 April 2012

Review-The Hunger Games

Wow. The books were incredible, i loved them so much that i read all three books in under two weeks. I know i was a late comer in joining in the excitement for the film to come out, but they were so amazing that it was hard not to get those crazy dilated eyes over it.

Here is the link for the trailer: http://youtu.be/SMGRhAEn6K0 i would watch it if i were you!

It's supposed to be futuristic, there was an uprising and it was stopped by authorities in the Capitol that two children from each District are put into 'The Hunger Games' where they fight for their death, there are 24 'tributes' in total to battle against. Katniss Everdeen, the main character volunteers for her sister, and we see how she has to get sponsors to survive in the games. The rest as to whether she lives or not is for you to find out when you go to view it! It was directed by Gary Ross, male of course so he brings out the action packed side of the books which is a bonus, there is a love story involved but it in no way takes over in this blood battle. A down point of the film is that they made it a 12a, probably to entice the teen 'twihard' fans that reviewers are comparing it to. Because of the age range a lot of the battle scenes the camera shakes all over the place, a first person perspective, and it's confusing as to what is happening, also you don't see much violence, where people who have read the books your imagination makes the gory scenes much worse, so i was disappointed at that. As you might be able to tell already i do mention the books, there's a flash back scene which you wouldn't understand much if you haven't read the books, so a given is that you read them. I could read them for the rest of my life and not get bored, so do it now!

As a conclusion, read the books, see the film, and be amazed and go and see it again and again!

And then wait about 600 days for Catching Fire the (going to be) awaited sequel!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Well, I am not sure I want to see this - watching kids killing each other isn't my favourite thing. But I MAY try to read the first book and see how it goes. You gave a good synopsis of the movie, and when I read it over again just now, I am thinking maybe the book is more 'gory' than the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sayin' it again - it's good to have you back; you've been missed :}

    By the way, for those of us who are a bit 'senior' could you try and come up with a different method of "proving we are not a computer" ? That word verification option is SO hard to read. I'd rather have to keep signing in, than try and figure out the weird words! I think at least two others of your followers will feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, you're back, I'm back. Interesting review, difficult to tell if the book would grab me like it did you, but having seen the trailer, I may have to get a copy of the first one to check it out. Movies of books are often disapointing and hard to get the same atmosphere. The ancient classic 2001 was impossible to follow if you had not read the book. How do you depict hyper space to an audience that had nver heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. I take it you have been away. I go away on Monday for surgery on an aneurysm on my aorta. Had that done once in 1996. Thought it would last until I died. But I am just 78 so I am getting it fixed again.

    ReplyDelete