Friday 4 November 2011

If you stripped me back of everything i have i'd still be me.

This post is about the fact that i wear myself everyday of every month. I prefer not to wear make up as i feel it covers up all the naturalness in your face, and some of my friends are incredibly pretty and still wear make up (most probably lack of self confidence) but most people wear it if they do not need it. I've never worn foundation apart from two very very VERY special occasions, i don't wear it as i feel it doesn't help your skin and most girls get the tone on the opposite scale to the colour of their now manky skin.

Also, there's this amazing song which if you have the time, you should listen to it, it was very recently in the charts it's called 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls -say their name however you want it will sound weird- and one lyric which is embedded in my brain is 'i just want you to know who i am' and i want everyone to know who i am, what i'm about, why i'm different from every other girl out there. I believe one reason is the way i dress and the way i present myself (au natural) and probably everything else about me other than the fact that i am female and age similarities. I get offended when anyone ever mistakes me for someone else even if it's someone better than me, they are not ME are they? Some times it just astounds me by the fact that some one wants to insult me like that, literally i think i turn into the human torch and start throwing fire balls at everyone in my firing range.


No fake lashes, no fake nails and no fake hair is my moto.

3 comments:

  1. Well done, Saffron,for standing firm and being you -- not a carbon copy of a million others. There is so much to be said for being different (out of the box, I like to say), but usually those who are, they are the ones who make an impact in life, in some great way.

    Hold your head up high and be YOU! You are very much loved, just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I truly believe that God has a destiny for all of us, but often we are too afraid to take the right path - it can take a lot of courage! When I look back at life in Romania I am amazed at what I saw God do in, and through, my life!

    "Greatness" is relative...it can mean different things in different environments, but I do believe we are all destined for greatness, and it usually means doing things 'out of the box,' especially for other people. And, honestly, when we think about others ahead of ourselves, to help them in some way, it FEELS great, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a lot like me -- the wanting to be yourself and not being fake. Sometimes that is hard to do, because everything seems to be trying to make you into it's own way.
    (I'm just going back over your blogs that I have just found.)

    ReplyDelete