Saturday 10 December 2011

Why i haven't written a post..

I've wanted to write on here recently but i had a 'moment'...i forgot my password for Blogspot. I managed to scramble through my passwords for everything and get the right one! Oh dear i don't know what to do with myself!

So, i have been writing a short story (1,000 words) for a local newspaper The News for their Christmas competition which had to be a ghost story with a christmas theme, i finished it yesterday and sent it off my email. I'm not sure whether it was good or not as i think i needed more than a 1,000 words :s so i had a bit of a sudden ending, ahwell was worth a shot to see if they like it. There are two categories, 15 and under and 16 and over, the winners from the two categories get 50 quid to spend in Waterstones :D and the runners up 25 pounds! Not bad eh? I think just getting it published in the paper is enough of a price so the book money is a massive BONUS!!

Wish me luck! 

4 comments:

  1. I hope they like it and appreciate your writing talents, good luck.
    I have a little black book with all my passwords in it. If I ever lost that I would be in deep do do, perhaps I should make a copy of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I've thought of writing them all down but i would lose them in my black hole of a room and someone might find them so i'm ok for now i just get confused haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Saff - hope you have great success with your story. Even if you don't win, be sure to keep a copy of your story in a portfolio. I still have the very first story I ever wrote. I had sent it to my sister, as she had already had a BOOK published -- and I asked her to critique it. She did such a good job of pointing out all the changes, errors, suggestions etc., that I didn't write anything else for years! But when I look back now, all her critiquing was perfectly valid. A writer has to have a thick skin and be willing to receive advice and criticism, and not just as a new/young writer, but forever!

    Please don't talk to me about passwords - they are the bane of my life! And I am with you, if I wrote them down and then hid them, a thief may find them, but I never would!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks i hope someone likes it :s yeah i always critique my work anyway, like at the moment i'm doing coursework for English language and i told my teacher straight up there are bits i don't like, and i'm re-doing it, well altering it to fit my audience. I'm very much a perfectionist so i like things to be exact! Haha well i hope you are coping with your passwords at the moment!

    ReplyDelete