Wednesday 19 October 2011

My morning at the Doctors...

      Today i had to endure a blood test. Considering that i have 'problems' with anything to do with needles me and needles just don't go down well...so my heart was pumping double time when i was waiting for the guy having his done and everyone who came out seemed fine so i was a little calmer, but tell that to my nerves! I got in the chair and my dad mentioned about my previous experiences and i explained about my needle thing, but i got in the weird chair and gave her my arm, but turned away so i couldn't see the weapon of pain, she strapped my arm down to make my vain pop out (i already have vainy arms and there's no problem with that) and i felt the tinge of the needle in my skin for about five seconds then it was over, and i was passed the cotton bud to prevent blood being spilt.
       Then it occurred. I felt a little faint and woozy, my vision became dotted by light and i felt flushed and struggling to breathe, my father said i felt freezing but i was on fire, i couldn't speak properly whilst this change was happening, it's frightening to have your sight, your hearing affected by something which wasn't that bad. By this point my throat felt closed up, and something felt like it had to come up my neck, this happened to be my breakfast, and the two red skittles i popped in my mouth after to gain some sugar. Seeing as i couldn't see efficiently i couldn't tell where the sick bowl was when the nurse passed it to me it went over the edges, when this happened i'm not even aware of what i'm doing it's just happening, and my body is trying to fix itself. After i had emptied my stomach i retrieved my sight back after my crazy few minutes, i was recovered and got home and had some strawberry jam on toast (strawberry is the best, no other flavour can supplement that not raspberry or anything else!!) and that went down a treat so i'm back on top!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...not a nice experience, glad you got through it ok! I find it's better for me to watch the needle while it goes in - takes some courage the first time, but after that it's easier. I'm with you; there's nothing better than toast and strawberry jam to make me feel good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you don't like doctors. I used to have that problem with dentists, which is why my teeth don't look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah this was my second time having one and the first time i kind of fainted and had to have the oxygen mask on as my vision went blurry and couldn't see but wasn't sick that time! I can't watch needles it's bad enough having to feel it! Haha i don't mind dentists apart from when i had to have injections in my gums to numb my mouth for having four of my teeth pulled out but i get through injections as i am brave!

    ReplyDelete